Edited by The Demon. All comments and queries should be addressed to DROMAHAIRDIARY@GMAIL.COM

Friday 7 September 2012

Dromahair Town Trail

Most of us will have seen the Tourist Trail signs dotted about the village but how many of us have actually followed the Trail?

With apologies to cartographers everywhere...

Stop No. 1            St. Patrick's R.C. Church, built 1889.
Stop No. 2            The Old Mill, with cannon from the Spanish Armada
Stop No. 3            Drumlease House (Millbank House)
Stop No. 4            Church of Ireland School (The Library)
Stop No. 5            Gillmor's Yard
Stop No. 6            Drumlease Church, built 1806
Stop No. 7            Church View (house opposite church)
Stop No. 8a          Dervogilla Bridge
Stop No. 8b          The O'Rourke Banqueting Hall
Stop No. 8c          The Lodge
Stop No. 9            Villiers' Castle
Stop No. 10a        Creevelea Cottage (opposite Dr. Jordan's house)
Stop No. 10b        Craven Lodge (Dr. Jordan's)
Stop No. 11          Abbey Manor Hotel
Stop No. 12          Creevelea Abbey

Over the coming weeks the Diary will publish a little more information about each of the stops on the Trail, so we can all get to know our wonderful village a little better.



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read about all the sites and then on my next trip to spend much more time in the village. Please add the marble orchards (Carrek a Temple and ??St Patricks? - on my first trip last march I discoved I was related to Josephine Fowley and she so kindly drove me to the 3 that we might see our common ancestors - Travers.

    Jim from California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim. I had to "google" to find out what marble orchards are! You live and learn. I'll see if I can find some information for you.

    ReplyDelete